Axminster Woodturning SK80 Dovetail Jaws Type C
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
A very versatile jaw, the Type C jaws feature two distinct gripping options. The external dovetail expands into a 55mm recess. The 42mm diameter internal grip has a stepped shoulder, for an extra firm grip on to a spigot. The external dovetail enables you to turn bowls, platters, whilst the internal grip is perfect for boxes and goblets.
The diameters stated are those when the jaws form a true circle. However, the chuck allows a wide range of movement to accommodate any deviation. Potentially the internal range is 34mm to 68mm, and the external 51mm to 86mm.
In addition, a screw chuck and a faceplate ring are available as optional accessories. These allow the mounting of a blank onto the chuck to turn the outside of a bowl for instance. Using the chuck for turning both the outside and the inside helps ensure perfect concentricity.
The SK80 Type C jaw will also fit the SK100 and SK114 chucks.
N.B. The finish may be either silver or black due to changes in legislation regarding passive zinc plating.
- Potential gripping range: Internal 34mm to 68mm
- Potential gripping range: External 51mm to 86mm
- Recommended for SK80, SK100 and SK114 chucks
- Drawing dimensions taken when jaws form true circle
- External dovetail for bowl turning
- Internal spigot grip for goblets and boxes
- Made exclusively by Axminster in Axminster