Axcaliber Forstner Bits
Customers Also Bought
An excellent quality Forstner bit from our Axcaliber range at a competitive price. Forstner or pattern maker's bits are unlike any other type of boring bit in that they are guided by their rims and centre point. Holes bored with a Forstner are clean, accurate and flat bottomed. Only a Forstner will bore half a hole on the edge of a board or overlapping holes. Being flat bottomed, they are often used for inlays in veneer work. Forged from one piece of high quality tool steel for extra strength.
Metric sizes 10 to 12.7mm have 6mm shanks 14 to 30mm have 8mm shanks, above 32mm they have 10mm shanks. Bits are 90mm overall length.
N.B. The 19mm (3/4") and 25.4mm (1") bits have a shank of 9.5mm (3/8"). The 12.7mm (1/2") bit has a 6.35mm (1/4") shank
For the best results, use in a pillar drill.
N.B These Forstner bits are designed for use in side grain, for end grain boring Sawtooth cutters are recommended.
Made in Austria, Europe. DIN 7483G
- For clean, accurate and flat bottomed holes
- Unaffected by grain or knots
- Forged from one piece of high quality tool steel for extra strength
- Range of metric and 3 exact imperial sizes
- 90mm overall length
- Sizes 10 - 12.7mm have 6mm shanks
- Sizes 14 - 30mm have 8mm shanks
- Sizes 32 - 50mm have 10mm shanks
- The 19mm (3/4"), 25.4mm (1") bits have a shank of 9.5mm (3/8")
- The 12.7mm (1/2") bit has a 6.35mm (1/4") shank
- Made in Austria, Europe