Axcaliber MT1 Mitre Trimmer
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
Whether you are a picture framer, a carpenter or a cabinetmaker the need for accurate mitres is paramount. This heavy duty trimmer is a substantial piece of machined cast iron, with razor sharp, tool steel blades. Using a long lever with a rack and pinion mechanism, it enables you to trim off fine shavings for the most precise fit. Its shearing action results in an incredible glass-like finish even on soft wood end grain. Look on it as a type of specialist plane, whose purpose is to produce precision mitres. There is no exaggeration as to the level of precision you can achieve with this machine. You are guaranteed precise mitres every time.
Each fence has two adjustable cam stops, one at 0° and one at 45°. The fences are also lockable at any intermediate angle. This trimmer can easily handle picture frames, dado rails, mouldings and more. The maximum size it will handle is 90mm high by about 150mm wide at 90° or 98mm wide at 45°.
For best results, cut roughly to size with a mitre saw or mitre box. Then using the Mitre trimmer take thin shavings until you reach the line..
- Trim off fine shavings for the most precise mitres
- Shearing action results in a glass like finish on end grain
- Substantial machined cast iron, razor sharp, tool steel blades
- Long operating lever with rack and pinion mechanism
- Adjustable cam stops at 0° and 45°, fences lock at any intermediate angle
- Maximum size 90mm high by about 150mm wide at 90°