Axminster 1700 Workbench
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
Lacquered on both top and underside for maximum protection, the bench top is laminated, kiln-dried beech. Beech is a particularly good choice, being tough and resilient. A laminated construction results in a stable and rigid worktop that will remain flat. The bench top is 30mm thick with a 90mm deep apron. The large working surface is 1,550 x 500mm (overall including the vices, the bench is 1700 x 650mm). Both the front and end vices have a double row of bench dog holes extending the width and length of the worktop. This allows you to hold workpieces of a wide variation in size or shape (four bench dogs included). The 360mm long vices have steel guide bars either side of a strong central screw, the maximum opening is 130mm. The under frame is solid beech. Dog holes in the legs allow you to clamp items vertically. A full length shelf in the base offers storage for larger tools or materials. Supplied flat packed with full instructions for assembly.
All Axminster workbenches are lacquered top and bottom to help maintain flatness. However, if your workshop is known to get damp, you may need to add more layers of lacquer to help prevent movement.
- Lacquered on both top and underside for maximum protection
- Laminated, kiln-dried beech; tough, stable and resilient
- Large work surface 1,550 x 500mm, 30mm thick with 90mm apron
- Front and end vices with double row of bench dog holes
- Front vice can be mounted on either the left or right of the bench
- Includes four bench dogs
- 360mm long vices maximum opening is 130mm
- Dog holes in the legs allow clamping items vertically
- Full length shelf in the base for storage
- Supplied flat packed with full assembly instructions