Axminster Woodturning Button Jaws - 250mm
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
These 250mm Button Jaws, named after the eight conical white rubber buttons used to grip the work and pull it securely back against the aluminium jaw plates. The arrangement offers a method of reverse chucking and holding a previously turned piece firmly but gently. Although the rubber buttons are easy on the wood they are not suitable for bowls with a very fine edge, specially made wooden jaws mounted on the Axminster wood jaw plates are a better alternative. In addition to the tapped holes there is a slot in each of the jaws, which allows the positioning of the buttons to accommodate irregular pieces.
As an alternative to using the buttons, stacking turn studs are available as an optional extra. They form an excellent primary holding method for all manner of round or square blanks and, give a very secure grip. The studs can be used singly or doubled up using the longer bolts supplied.
Suitable for SK100 and SK114 chucks. Recommended maximum speed 1,000rpm.
N.B. Before ordering please check the motor of your lathe is not obstructing these jaws.
- Recommended for SK100 and SK114 chucks
- Perfect reverse chucking solution for bowls
- Conical rubber buttons hold work gently and securely
- Grips both externally and internally
- Tapped holes for wide variety of diameters
- Can be configured to hold odd shaped workpieces
- Jaws supplied with complete with rubber buttons
- Made exclusively by Axminster in Axminster