Axminster Rider Half Round Rasp - 150mm
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
For any woodworking or furniture making that involves shaping curved or carved surfaces, a quality rasp is invaluable. When it comes to producing a complex curve such as cabriole leg or similar, a rasp is a must. It allows you to achieve the desired shape quickly, with great control and can leave a surface requiring a minimum of finishing.
The blades of the Axminster Rider rasps are made of high quality tool steel. A CNC machine cuts the teeth (referred to as stitching the teeth). The CNC method ensures precise height and even distribution of the teeth. The result is a rasp that performs in a steady and predictable way, and leaves an even surface finish. After stitching the teeth, the blades undergo controlled hardening to HRC 45, ensuring every rasp has a long working life. The handles are hornbeam with a stainless steel ferrule. The 150mm long half round rasp is 16mm wide, tapering to 10mm at the tip and stitched at 20 teeth per cm².
Store your rasp carefully against rust and other tools damaging the teeth accidentally. Think of every tooth as a cutting edge. If clogged, use a small brass brush to remove debris from between the teeth.
- Invaluable tool for shaping convex or concave surfaces
- Rapid waste removal with great control
- CNC stitched teeth ensure precise tooth height and distribution
- Cuts predictably leaving an even surface finish
- Tool steel blades hardened to HRC 45 for long working life
- Hornbeam handles for comfort with stainless steel ferrule
- 150mm long x 16mm tapering to 10mm at the tip
- Stitched at 20 teeth per cm²