Axminster Rider No. 151 Spokeshaves
Customers Also Bought
Both Rider spokeshaves are in the traditional style, 250mm(10") long with a fully adjustable blade. The spokeshave body is ductile cast iron, with a tough black enamel finish. The well-rounded handles and thumb rests offer comfort and control when cutting.
Twin knurled adjusting screws control both depth and lateral adjustment of the 55mm(2.1/8") wide blade. This adjustment allows very fine setting for delicate work. The O1 steel blade is oil quenched, hardened and tempered to HRC 63, and only requires a little honing before use.
Rider spokeshaves are available with either flat or curved sole. The primary use of the flat sole spokeshave is cutting chamfers and working convex shapes. The curved sole spokeshave allows you to shape concave surfaces.
Rider spokeshaves only require the bare minimum of initial preparation. We are confident that Axminster Rider spokeshaves represent a good standard in traditional, quality and great value.
- Flat sole for convex work, curved sole for concave
- Well-rounded handles with thumb rests for comfort and control
- Twin knurled adjusting screws for depth and lateral adjustment
- Ductile cast iron bodies with a tough black enamel finish
- 55mm wide O1 steel blade hardened and tempered to HRC 63
- Rider spokeshaves only require the bare minimum of initial preparation