Axminster Trade AT2600BS Belt Sander
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
The AT2600BS Belt Sander is a sturdy, well made medium sized belt sander. It is suitable for the sanding of many woods or plastics, shaping or sizing jobs in small to medium sized woodworking workshops. It has the usual features of a tilting belt platter, table height and reach adjustment, and the ability to use the end roller for curved work, using the small support table.
Unusually for a machine of this size, there is an oscillation feature that is independently powered by its own motor, which can be switched on or off as required. The oscillation feature ensures scratch free sanding and longer abrasive life, but some tasks are better achieved without the belt oscillating. The dust hoods at each end have their own extraction hose, joined into a single 125mm outlet, making connection to a ducted system or machine simple to achieve.
Belt changing is tool free, so a straightforward task. The table has a geared mechanism to allow easy adjustment of its height, with cam locks to secure it into place. It also has a mitre fence/work stop which is secured to the RH end. It is adjustable to +/- 45°.
This machine is quite substantial in construction, with a touch of quality engineering which makes it function very well.
- Sander belt runs at any angle between 0° and 90°
- Precision ground steel plate belt platen with low friction graphite slip plate
- Belt oscillation by a switched separate motor, giving you a choice
- Ground cast iron front table can be fully adjusted for precise alignment
- Supplied with a high quality Hermes abrasive belt
- 1 x 125mm dust port ensures efficient dust collection