Axminster Trade AT800RD Radial Drill
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
This pillar drill should appeal to both wood and metalworking workshops that have bulky projects.
The head swivels 360° and tilts 45° left and right. Swing is a huge 1,200mm (you can drill in the middle of a 1,200mm diameter piece) and the spindle can be brought close to the column with the uniquely designed swivel post. A rack and pinion system allows easy height adjustment. Slots in the table/base allow you to use a variety of clamps.
The column and base are very heavy to support the headstock at extreme reach, and also to prevent too much bend when drilling with large diameter drill bits. There is a choice of 12 spindle speeds, and an LED work light is provided, which can swivel to throw light where required. An interlocked chuck guard and belt cover provide additional safety.
You will need a very strong workbench for this machine; we suspect that some users will leave it on the floor. In either case we recommend bolting it down securely.
- A sturdy radial drill providing huge throat depth
- Clever swivelling arm system for complete setting
- Very heavy base and column provide great rigidity
- Easy rack and pinion height adjustments
- Slots in base/table allow workpiece clamping
- Smooth and powerful 750W motor and 12 spindle speeds