Axminster Professional Honing Guide Assembly For Ultimate Edge
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
The Honing Guide Assembly for Ultimate Edge is perfect for plane blades, joinery chisels etc. It fits onto the 12mm round bar which is part of the Ultimate Edge Compound Jig (103738) - and will also fit any other 12mm grinder support bar. Clamping the blade tightly, both primary and secondary bevels can be achieved if required.
The whole jig is manufactured from stainless steel and has a simple setting screw to control the width. The LH jaw is reversible and has twin jaws: one curved so that chisels that do not have perfectly parallel sides (such as Japanese styles) can be clamped; the other jaw being parallel. The jaws are of a dovetail shape, so securely clamp the chisel against the body. The jaws accommodate chisels from 6-66mm in width, so even a No.8 plane blade will fit. A setting gauge is provided, to enable the correct sharpening angle to be set.
- A comprehensive plane knife and chisel honing jig
- Fits onto the Ultimate Edge Compound Jig
- Manufactured from stainless steel with nylon slides for smooth action
- Fully adjustable between 6-66mm in width
- Accommodates even non-parallel chisels
- Supplied with a setting jig for correct honing angles