Axminster Trade Vices Mechanic's Vice
Customers Also Bought
This is a range of 3 traditional fixed base mechanic's vices; these are also sometimes known as fitter's vices. Available in 3 sizes, with 100mm, 125mm or 150mm width jaws.
Made from high grade ductile cast iron, these vices are able to withstand all the stresses and strains you could throw at them. The sliding jaw is supported on 4 slideways ensuring a smooth action and minimum jaw movement. The ACME threaded lead screws are pre-tensioned to eliminate backlash. The replaceable jaws are of hardened and ground steel, perfectly square with cross hatching for grip.
The maximum jaw openings with full lead screw engagement in the nut are for the 100mm model 130mm, 125mm model 115mm and for the 150mm model 150mm. The jaws on the 125mm and 150mm models will open further, but should be done so for light gripping tasks only. These vices would be a great choice for permanent use in engineering, fitting and production workshops, or for the serious home engineer.
If any vice fails due to a material or manufacturing defect it will be replaced free of charge.
- Lifetime Warranty*
- Range of 3 traditional mechanic's or fitter's vices
- Choice of 100mm, 125mm or 150mm jaw widths
- Made from high grade, ductile cast iron for massive strength
- ACME thread lead screw, pre-tensioned to eliminate backlash
- Moving jaws supported on 4 slides for smoothness
- Replaceable hardened and ground steel jaws