Axminster Professional Quick Release Woodworker's Vice
Customers Also Viewed
These European made carpenter's vices feature automatic quick release and a height adjustable front dog. They are exceptionally strong, superbly engineered and entirely suitable for professional use. The main body is grey cast iron, chosen for its strength and resistance to fatigue. The quick release is actuated by the handle meaning this clever and simple design requires no additional springs or mechanism. The 24mm diameter main spindle has a rolled trapezoidal thread for smooth, consistent performance and to withstand extreme loads. The jaws run on two 25mm strong steel guide rods ensuring movement is virtually free of play and racking is eliminated. The jaws are drilled and ready to receive wooden liners. The jaws have an intentional ‘toe-in’ for maximum pressure transfer - the jaw is tilted inwards. Because the force/pressure is perpendicular to the toe-in angle this feature, found on many woodworking devices and clamps, helps to avoid the problems of racking (the tendency of the wood and the bar to bend upwards when under pressure).
If any vice fails due to a material or manufacturing defect it will be replaced free of charge.
- Simple and effective quick release for fast adjustment
- Height adjustable front dog for clamping on bench surface
- Twin guide rods ensure smooth, gliding action
- Maximum capacities (unlined):
- 175mm(7") jaw width opens to 205mm(8") (weight 9kg)
- 225mm(9") jaw width opens to 360mm(14") (weight 16kg)
- 266mm(10.1/2") jaw width opens to 390mm(15") (weight 17kg)