Axminster Workshop Sliding Bevel 230mm
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
The Axminster Workshop Sliding Bevel has a blued steel blade with a laminated bamboo stock. Brass inserts at the top and bottom of the stock protect it from knocks. The adjustable blade allows you to mark out preset angles or transfer angles from one workpiece to another. The slot in the blade offers plenty of adjustment to the length of the blade. A brass wing nut simplifies the setting of the bevel and locks the blade securely at the desired angle.
The use of laminated bamboo for the stock is an important step forward in the manufacture of these traditional tools. Made from compressed and glued layers of individual sections, laminated bamboo is extremely durable and stable. As an alternative to rosewood and other increasingly scarce tropical timbers, laminated bamboo is perfect. Bamboo stems mature at 4 to 5 years old. After harvesting, new shoots emerge from the ground making it one the most natural and sustainable materials ever!
- Extremely durable and stable, laminated bamboo stock
- Blued steel blade with protective brass inserts
- Brass wing nut locks the blade securely at desired angle
- Mark preset angles or transfer angles from one workpiece to another
- Slot in the blade offers plenty of adjustment to the blade length
- Laminated bamboo is natural and highly sustainable
- Blade length 230mm, stock 150mm