Customers Also Bought
John Makepeace opened his School for Craftsmen in Wood in the grounds of a dilapidated Tudor manor in rural Dorset in 1977. That school became Parnham College where, over the next 40 years, the courses taught and inspired its students in a unique way.
Many have gone on to become renowned designers and furniture makers in their own right. This beautifully illustrated book offers a unique insight into Parnham College, the innovative approach to teaching and how the college, inspired and influenced future careers.
The limited printing of only 1,000 hardback copies includes articles by Sir Christopher Frayling, Lesley Jackson, Robert Ingham, Christopher Rose, Jeremy Myerson and John Makepeace along with a hundred former students.
- John Makepeace’s Parnham College
- The story of a unique educational establishment
- 40 years of fine woodwork and craftsmanship
- The most influential modern furniture design college
- Hardback edition, beautifully illustrated throughout
- Articles by famous furniture makers
- Contributions from a hundred former students