Crown Cryo M42 Spindle Roughing Gouge - 19mm(3/4")
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
A roughing gouge takes quite a beating as it removes the corners of a square blank. The width of a roughing gouge gives it the necessary attribute to cope. It has mass to overcome vibration and bounce when cutting unbalanced timber. The long cutting edge means less frequent trips to the grinder. By combining this design with cryogenically hardened M42 tool steel results in the ultimate tool for the job.
M42 is a premium, high-speed steel alloy with molybdenum and 8% cobalt. One of its most significant properties is high wear resistance. The cutting edges on tools made from M42 high-speed steel stay sharp and hard in heavy-duty and high-production applications. Common uses of M42 include twist drills, milling cutters, reamers, broaches, saws and thread rolling dies. When it comes to woodturning tools, you have a tool that will hold an edge far longer than any other, even on tough and abrasive timbers.
- For rapid stock removal and initial turning of spindle blanks
- Blade made of cryogenically hardened M42 high-speed steel
- Molybdenum and 8% cobalt ensure high wear resistance
- Retains a sharp edge even in heavy-duty applications
- Long lasting, unrivalled tool life
- Spend more time turning, less time sharpening