Axminster Woodturning Offset Probe with Carbide Cutter
Customers Also Viewed
Axminster Evolution Series probes have 12.7mm (1 /2") diameter shanks, designed to fit into the Axminster Evolution Series woodturning handle. Axminster Evolution Series probes are particularly well suited to hollowing boxes, small hollow forms and goblets and useful when turning small bowls or platters.
The cranked probe allows you greater access when undercutting inside a hollow form, as with a vase for example. The tip is a fine grade, solid tungsten carbide, cup shaped, circular cutter, 8mm in diameter. The tungsten carbide cutter is sharp and ready to use, and will retain its sharp edge far longer than any HSS tool. The great advantage comes when the cutter eventually begins to lose its edge. Then you simply slacken the retaining screw and rotate the cutter slightly to give you a new sharp edge. With a full 360° available, these cutters have a greatly extended working life. Replacements are readily available. The cutters can take a clean shaving and leave a very smooth surface straight from the edge.
Each probe includes a torx wrench for the fixing screw.
- Perfect tool for turning boxes, goblets and small hollow forms
- 12.7mm(1/2") shank, 300mm long
- Fits Axminster Evolution Series Woodturning Handle
- Cranked shape for undercuts and deeper access
- Solid, fine grain carbide cutting tip for long working life
- When dull simply rotate for new sharp edge
- Full 360° of cutting edge available