Axminster Professional Honing & Bevel Guide Package
Customers Also Bought
This combination of the Ultimate Edge Honing Guide with the Bevel Guide makes a hand sharpening and honing guide that is perfect for plane blades and chisels etc. The two together allow you to sharpen your blades with very precise bevel angles and edges square to the sides.
Both parts are precision made on CNC machines in Axminster’s own manufacturing facility.
The unique feature of this combination is the high level of accuracy and control it offers. Using a bench or diamond stone, you can sharpen all your chisels and bench plane blades with the bevel angle of your choice from a shallow 20° to a steep 40°. After establishing the primary bevel, you can add a micro bevel from as little as 1°.
It is perfect for plane blades, bevel edge, mortice and Japanese chisels. The jaws are a slightly undercut dovetail to ensure secure clamping of a blade or chisel against the body. The jaws can accommodate blades or chisels from 6mm to 66mm wide. The left-hand jaw is reversible, one side straight and the other slightly curved enabling you to clamp chisels with unparallel sides equally securely.
Set-up could not be easier, based on a blade projection of 25mm, the guide includes a small setting jig. The degree scale is clear and easy to read with the markings permanently etched. The wide roller ensures perfect stability and at the same time prevents undue stone wear.
This guide can accommodate a wide variety of blades in a wide range of sizes and guarantees precise results every time.
- A comprehensive bench plane blade and chisel honing guide
- Guarantees accurate and precise bevel angles
- Setting for bevels anywhere between 20° and 40°
- Clear scale, permanently etched in 1° increments
- Wide roller guarantees stability and prevents undue stone wear
- Accommodates blades from 6mm to 66mm
- CNC machined in Axminster by Axminster Tools
- Supplied with setting jig for perfect results every time