Leigh D4R Pro Dovetail Jig
Customers Also Viewed
The ultimate dovetailing jig with a full 24"(600mm) capacity, the Leigh D4R Pro easily produces through dovetails, half-blind, end to end and sliding dovetails with infinite adjustment of pins and tail widths, single pass half-blind dovetails and two sizes of box joints straight out of the box. A precision extruded aluminium body, with non-marring textured clamping surfaces and machined-in side stops adds rigidity and accuracy. Supplied with three robust 8mm diameter shank cutters for chatter free routing; the e7 eliptical guide bush which fits many routers; some routers may require a different guide bush and/or adaptor. Very full specification includes 8° and 14° dovetail cutters, 5/16" diameter straight cutter, cam action material clamps and guide bars for cutting sliding dovetails. Detailed instructional videos and comprehensive user guides are available online.
N.B. The addition of an adaptor for threaded guide bushes will be necessary for most UK routers. To help you select the correct guide bush system, please download the User Manual which contains a selection chart.
"Today I decided to take my new Leigh D4R Jig out for a test drive. All I can say is WOW! The booklet of instructions is great. This Jig is so easy to use and simple to set up. It is very well made. I tip my hat to you. Job well done. My first attempt at the Thru DT came out OK, (I had my ins and outs mixed up) but still good. I realized my mistake and made another. It came out perfect. Thanks Leigh." — Robert Domulevicz, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
"The key to the Leigh design is the sliding template fingers, which allow beautiful dovetail configurations to be arranged by eye, with the fingers always locking down level and straight." Fine Woodworking Magazine
- Infinitely adjustable guide fingers
- Single Pass half-blind dovetails
- Variably spaced through dovetails up to 1-1/4"
- Variably spaced half-blind dovetails up to 1-1/2"
- 3/8" and 3/4" finger (box) joints
- Sliding dovetails
- Non-slip clamping surface
- Cam-action speed clamps
- Undercut sidestops for rebated draw fronts
- Easy-to-read scales in metric
- Includes three 8mm shank cutters 80-8, 120-8 and 140-8
- Supplied with mounting hardware
- Detailed instructional videos and comprehensive user guides are available online