Tormek Carving Kit
Customers Also Bought
This package comprises a Tormek SVD-186 R Gouge Jig, an LA-120 Profiled Leather Honing Wheel and an SVS-38 Short Tool Jig.
Tormek SVD-186 R Gouge Jig
The Tormek SVD-186 R can handle most carving gouges up to 36mm wide and carving V-tools. The jig gives you full control over bevel angle and shape. The SVD-186 R and Tormek wetstone machine combination offers 3 crucial benefits. The Tormek water-cooled wheel results in a superior edge that is longer lasting and exact repeatability next time you need to sharpen your tool. A curved clamping disc ensures correct seating of your tool in the tool holder. The angle setting has a precise click feature making initial jig set-up easy. The SVD-186 R fits all Tormek machines.
Tormek LA-120 Profiled Leather Honing Wheel
For the honing and polishing the inside of woodcarving gouges and V-parting tools, Tormek have developed a profiled leather honing wheel, made of solid tanned leather. The diameter of the larger wheel is 120mm (4.3/4"), which speeds up the honing process. The sharp profile for V-parting tools allows you to polish inside the acute angle. The discs have a radius of 3mm (1/8") and a 60° tip. The design has a large, deep space between the 2 profiles and therefore permits inside honing of wide tools or tools with deep profiles.
Tormek SVS-38 Short Tool Jig
From Tormek comes a jig for sharpening short carving tools and chisels down to 45mm long, including power carving tools (Bosch, Proxxon, AMT etc). Used with the Universal Support, the jig automatically holds your chisel square to the grindstone.
- Tormek SVD-186 R Gouge Jig
- Full control over bevel angle and shape
- Takes carving gouges up to 36mm wide and carving vee tools
- Tormek LA-120 Profiled Leather Honing Wheel
- For the honing and polishing of the inside of carving tools
- Made of solid tanned leather
- Two standard discs have a radius of 3mm (1/8") and a 60° tip
- Tormek SVS-38 Short Tool Jig
- For short carving tools and chisels
- Also suitable for power carving tools