Hampshire Sheen Intrinsic Colour Wood Dye Sample Set (12 x 15ml)
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
The Intrinsic Colour Collection consists of 12 shades of distinctive and sophisticated colours. This sample set includes a 15ml bottle of each of these inspirational wood dyes.
These are water-based dyes, with the advantage of affording a longer working time compared to spirit-based dye. Intrinsic Colours are a complete departure from standard wood shades or bright primary colours. They offer woodworkers and woodturners the opportunity to exercise their creativity as colourists. The dyes penetrate deeply into the wood enhancing the grain pattern. Applying more than one coat builds up a sumptuous depth of colour. Undercoating with black or earth produces a dramatic effect. Exquisite and delicate results are possible by subtly adding areas of different shades and blending. Intrinsic Colours can be mixed together to create even more shades.
Intrinsic colour guide:
• Black: in several coats, you can build up a deep, pure black shade.
• Burnt Orange: a dark orange, inclined towards the orangey side of brown.
• Earth: a warm brown, the colour of drying mud, makes a great undercoat or accent colour.
• Flame: a bright yellow-orange, adds luxurious fire by blending with Burnt Orange and Ruby.
• Forest Green: rich green, quite dark and almost jade like. A great accent colour and blends well with Pear Green and Honey.
• Honey: a glorious yellow, it is superb as a bold single colour or a ‘wash’ overcoat.
• Midnight Blue: deep blue with hint of purple, which adds an elusive quality to quilted figure.
• Plum: sumptuous purple, it looks quite regal, lending an air of expense to your work.
• Ruby: darkish red, Ruby adds a deep and opulent shade which blends superbly with Burnt Orange.
• Sky Blue: a bright blue, giving magnificent effects blended with Midnight Blue.
• Pear Green: this rich yellowy-green, mixes well with Sky Blue to create a luxurious green.
• White: nearly pure white, this colour is perfect for turning the other colours into pastel shades for even more creative options.
The pigment manufacturer has given assurance that the colours are light fast for at least as long as a normal household paint. To increase the lifetime of the colours, keep finished pieces out of direct sunlight and consider using a UV filtered finishing oil underneath the final finish as an additional layer of protection.
- 12 distinctive and sophisticated colours for wood
- Water-based wood dyes in inspirational shades
- Sample set contains 15ml bottle of each colour
- Penetrates deep into the wood enhancing the grain
- Create exquisite results by blending colour
- Use for dramatic or subtle effects