Hultafors Hults Bruk Agelsjon Mini Hatchet
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
The Ågelsjön Mini Hatchet is perfect for taking along when hiking in the woods or in the countryside. Its short handle and lighter weight make it perfect for stowing in a backpack or daypack. It is easy to grip right behind the head for preparing kindling or carving. The Ågelsjön Mini Hatchet is very useful whether chopping firewood or making a tent peg. The edge has a convex grind, for strength, is sharpened, polished and ready to use. The leather edge protector includes a belt loop. The handle is 235mm long, head weight: 500g, total weight: 775g.
Hultafors Hults Bruk forged their first axe around 1697, so this Swedish company has plenty of experience. The axes are still hand forged, each head requiring 40 to 60 blows under a spring-hammer, while the skilled blacksmith manoeuvres the red-hot billet. This process not only shapes the steel, it changes its structure increasing its density and results in greater durability. The head is hardened and tempered to 56-57 HRC to give the best possible performance. The cutting edge comes ready sharpened and polished, at most a light stropping will be all it requires. The handle is selected, tight-grained American hickory with a natural linseed oil finish. A wooden wedge and a steel ring wedge ensure a secure, tight connection between head and handle. Each axe comes with a lifetime warranty on the forging, a premium leather protector and care instructions.
- Compact and handy, weight 500g, length of 235mm
- Fits easily into a backpack or daypack
- Sharpened and polished edge ready for use
- Hardened to 56-57 HRC
- Supplied with leather protector
- Selected American hickory handle
- N.B. To buy this product you must be aged 18 years or over. We will verify your age before despatching the order and this might involve us contacting you for proof of age. The product must also be delivered to, or collected by, a person 18 years or over.