Hultafors Hults Bruk Stalberg Carpenter's Axe
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
The Stålberg Carpenter's Axe has a 500mm straight handle. The shape of the head allows you to ‘choke-up’, putting your grip practically directly above the centre of the cutting edge, for carving and other operations requiring fine control. The long, narrow and almost straight edge with its Scandinavian grind allows you to carry out different tasks from heavy trimming to precision shaving with ease. Head weight: 800g, handle length: 500mm, total weight: 1,225g.
Hultafors Hults Bruk forged their first axe around 1697, so this Swedish company has plenty of experience. The axes are still hand forged, Each head requires 40 to 60 blows under a spring-hammer, while the skilled blacksmith manoeuvres the red-hot billet. This process not only shapes the steel, it changes its structure increasing its density and results in greater durability. The head is hardened and tempered to 56-57 HRC to give the best possible performance. The cutting edge comes ready sharpened and polished, at most a light stropping will be all it requires. The handle is selected, tight-grained American hickory with a natural linseed oil finish. A wooden wedge and a steel ring wedge ensure a secure, tight connection between head and handle. Each axe comes with a lifetime warranty on the forging, a premium leather edge protector and care instructions.
- Versatile axe; use for heavy trimming to precision shaving
- Straight edge, with Scandi-grind
- Hand forged, hardened to 56-57 HRC
- Straight 500mm, selected hickory handle
- Includes leather edge protector
- N.B. To buy this product you must be aged 18 years or over. We will verify your age before despatching the order and this might involve us contacting you for proof of age. The product must also be delivered to, or collected by, a person 18 years or over.