UJK Technology Dovetail Jig
Do more, work less, get better results with the UJK Technology Dovetail Jig. Use the jig to cut half blind dovetails for drawer construction, as well as precise comb or finger joints. Cutting up to 28mm thick material, the jig is ideally suited to utility furniture. It will also cut through dovetails, in material up to 19mm which is great for projects such as toolboxes.
Create half blind, through dovetails and finger joints
The UJK Technology Dovetail Jig lets you achieve perfect joints, every time. Very simple to use compared to the more complex Leigh jigs and at a fraction of the price, the dovetail jig can be used with any router that will take 1/4", 8mm and 1/2" shank cutters.
This jig is robustly made from heavy gauge with 3.5mm steel pressings. For convenience, it is straightforward to set up and use. The jig is fitted with cam action clamps which means the workpieces hold securely in place. Next, the smooth anodised finish on the 6mm thick, machined finger template ensures that both parts of the joint are cut accurately and cleanly
Lastly, the jig has a pre-set router depth adjustment knob as well as a unique stabiliser bar located in front of the comb. This provides a much greater surface area on which to bear the router base.
Complete with a range of accessories, the jig comes with the following:
- 3 x 1/4" shank Axcaliber precision ground TCT router cutters
- A matched pair of cutters for dovetailing (7 degree dovetail and straight). Please note: the matched set for Dovetailing uses the straight cutter for the pins
- 12.5mm straight cutter for finger jointing for the perfect fit
- American style threaded guide bush
- Stabiliser bar for more accurate machining
- 62mm dust extraction port to aid safe and efficient operation
- Full detailed instructions
- Don't forget to buy an adaptor to suit your router. See here to select the one you require.
- Material capacity: 300mm width, 6–28mm dovetail thickness.
- Finger joint 1/2" (12.7mm) width, length maximum 20mm.
Did you enjoy this article? Why not pop into any of our Axminster stores to see the UJK Technology Dovetail Jig in person. Alternatively, if you want strong and hidden joints, UJK Technology Pocket Hole Jigs offer a perfect solution. Read our guide to learn more about some of the advantages of using pocket hole jigs for your woodworking projects.
Have you purchased the UJK Technology Dovetail Jig? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch and tell us your thoughts about our dovetail jig. Better still, show us your creations! Either comment below, or get in touch via one of our social media platforms. Find us on Facebook, send us a tweet or connect with us on Instagram using #dovetailjig to @AxminsterTools.