Jet 1640EVS Woodturning Lathe
Customers Also Bought
The Jet 1640EVS (Electronic Variable Speed) woodturning lathe includes a host of features designed to make woodturning even more pleasurable.
It has a large capacity, capable of taking a 420mm diameter bowl blank, along with a bed long enough to turn a 1,016mm spindle. All the major components are precision-machined castings, giving a very solid feel to the lathe and guaranteeing vibration-free running.
Power comes from a quiet 1,120W motor, fitted with electronically controlled, infinitely variable speed. A choice of two pulleys offers speed ranges 40 to 1,200rpm or 120 to 3,200rpm. A display on the headstock shows the speed, with the control knob situated just below it. The front panel of the headstock, as well as housing the speed control knob, has a safety on/off knob and the access panel for changing the belt position.
The headstock swivels through 360°, with 7 positive lock positions. It can slide along the bed for convenient positioning. The 2MT spindle has a 16mm bore and comes with a knockout bar. The spindle features 36-hole indexing.
The 2MT tailstock features Acme threads for smooth, positive movement, particularly useful when drilling. Other features are the provision for mounting a shelf on the stand and a spring-loaded shaft lock.
The 1640EVS comes complete with a drive centre, revolving tail centre, faceplate, 350mm tool rest, headstock spanner, centre knockout bar and comprehensive operating manual.
- Turn bowls up to 420mm diameter
- Spindle work up to 1,016mm between centres
- Infinitely variable speed with digital display
- 2MT spindle with 36-hole indexing positions
- Headstock rotates 360° and slides for maximum versatility
- Tailstock with acme threads for smooth movement
- Supplied with drive centre, revolving tail centre, faceplate, 350mm tool rest, headstock spanner, centre knockout bar and comprehensive operating manual