Powermatic PM1500 Bandsaw
Customers Also Bought
The Powermatic PM1500 bandsaw built for a busy workshop where performance and quality are priorities.
A 2.2kW motor drives balanced, heavy cast iron wheels via a poly-vee drive belt for smooth running. The PM1500 has a large re-saw capacity of 350mm under the guides and a throat capacity of 370mm. The upper blade guide moves easily on rack-and-pinion mechanism. Upper and lower blade guides are large and easily adjustable without the need for tools.
The PM1500 comes with Powermatic’s patented Accu-Fence. This 155mm tall, extruded aluminium fence is easy and quick to switch to the lower position (12mm) when cutting thinner work. Replacing the fence with the 36mm diameter steel pin gives you a single point contact for cutting to a line, steering veneers or for curved work. Sturdy cast-iron trunnions support a generous precision ground table. The table tilts from -10° to +45°.
The PM1500 features a magnetic NVR switch with interlocking switches on both doors, which prevent the machine from starting on with the doors open. A unique safety feature is a cutout switch on the blade-tensioning lever; preventing the saw from powering up when the blade is un-tensioned. This eliminates the risk of the blade jumping off the wheels when it’s loose.
The PM1500 has two dust ports, positioned to extract the maximum amount of debris and prevent sawdust building-up inside the machine. Cleaning brushes in the lower cabinet ensure even smoother running, one sweeps the blade clean while the other sweeps the tyre clean.
The fit and finish of the PM1500 is immaculate. The paintwork is excellent inside and out and the chromed hand wheels and knobs exude quality.
- Top quality bandsaw for busy professional workshops
- 370mm throat and 355mm capacity
- Generous, ground cast iron table with -10° to +45° tilt
- Patented Accu-Fence maximises accuracy and safety
- Fence plate can be used in the horizontal or vertical position
- Electrical interlock prevents start up if blade not tensioned
- Blade guides with tool-less adjustment
- Solid cast iron wheels add momentum for heavy resaw
- Superb Powermatic build quality