PROXXON PD 400 Precision Lathe
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
The PD 400 lathe is the heart of a multifunctional, expandable system, and is unequalled in its class.
Made in Germany, this lathe is ideal for straight and cross-cuts, taper turning, internal and external thread cutting and slotting, and is usable on materials such as steel, non-ferrous metals, aluminium and alloys.
Even under heavy loadings, the solid precision of this machine demonstrates negligible tolerances. There is a wide range of accessories to complement the lathe's functions.
The bed comes already equipped with a milled and tapped base surface for securing the PF 400 Mill/Drill unit.
With a comprehensive gearbox, the PD 400 is suitable for cutting threads in 19 steps from 0.2mm to 0.3mm. The belt options are clearly positioned and easy to change.
Included as standard is a 100mm Rohm precision feed chuck, a toolpost and two toolholders with individual stop and height adjustability, live rotating MK2 centre and tailstock chuck.
A cross-braced cast iron bed gives this lathe its stability; its wide legged shape has prism slides for the apron and the tailstock. A two speed auto-feed facility is included on a protected lead screw with a 12mm x 1.5mm Acme thread.
Centre distance 400mm, centre height 85mm. The swing over the top slide is 116mm. Solid, ribbed bed is made of quality cast iron with ground and hardened slideways. Oversized spindle with two adjustable taper bearings, 3MT taper and 20.5mm bore. Run-out, without chuck is 0.005mm.
The precision 3-jaw chuck has a capacity of up to 100mm. Six spindle speeds are provided via belt drive: Level 1: 80 / 330 / 1,400rpm; Level 2: 160 / 660 / 2,800rpm. Powerful, quiet capacitor motor with 550W output. All adjusting wheels fitted with scales that may be zeroed. 1 division = 0.05mm. The auto-feed has a speed of 0.07 or 0.14mm/rev.
An integrated gearbox with change gears provides 19 pitches: 0.2 - 0.25 - 0.3 - 0.35 - 0.4 - 0.45 - 0.5 - 0.6 - 0.7 - 0.75 - 0.8 - 0.9 - 1.0 - 1.25 - 1.50 - 1.75 - 2.0 - 2.5 - 3.0mm. Imperial threads of 10 - 48 tpi are also possible. A rotating centre 2MT and 10mm 2MT gear chuck are included. Cross slide travel 85mm and topslide 55mm. Swivels through 45° for taper turning. Tailstock with 2MT (short), spindle travel 40mm and a diameter of 24mm. Supplied with scale. Approximately size 900 x 400 x 300mm. Weight approximately 45kg. For cutters of 10 x 10mm.
- Supplied with change gears for thread cutting in 19 steps (0.2 - 3.0mm)
- Cross-braced cast iron bed with wide, ground slideways
- Powerful capacitor motor with 550W output
- Main switch with emergency stop function and restart protection
- Quality, precision 3 jaw chuck with 100mm capacity
- Quick change tool post with 2 holders (fitted with adjustable height and stop)
- Includes 2MT rotating centre in tailstock
- Easy to use hand wheel of aluminium with adjustable scale of steel. 1 division = 0.05mm
- Fully enclosed leadscrew with Acme thread (12 x 1.5)
- Handwheel for quick support change
- Switch for clockwise, off and counter-clockwise rotation
- Selector for auto-feed