Shokunin Japanese Atsuba Crosscut Saw - 180mm
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
The Shokunin Atsuba Saw is a smaller version of the Kataba saw. With the blade removed, it will fit into any toolbox. It features razor sharp crosscut teeth and a spineless blade for fast accurate cuts with unlimited depth of cut.
What sets the saw apart is the curved blade tip with teeth around the curve. This allows a cut to begin in the centre of a panel, e.g. making a cutout for an electrical back box. Gentle back and forth motion with the tip gradually deepens the cut until the saw breaks through and the full cutting edge is put to use. Impulse hardening of the cutting edge greatly increases the durability of the teeth.
It cuts a variety of materials: wood, plywood, laminates etc. The blade features a micro-thin nickel coating, which minimises friction and protects against corrosion. The easy-grip handle is comfortable and slip proof, with a gently contoured surface. The blade is 0.5mm thick, 180mm long with an unlimited depth of cut. The crosscut teeth have a 1.5mm pitch (17tpi), overall length 400mm. Replacement blades are available.
- Razor sharp crosscut teeth for rapid progress
- Impulse hardened cutting edge increased durability
- Versatile cut wood, plywood, laminates etc
- Curved cutting tip for making cut-outs
- Easily fits into any toolbox
- Nickel plating for minimal friction and rust protection
- Comfort grip, slip proof, contoured handle
- Replacement blades available