Shokunin Japanese Ryoba Double-Edged Saw - 270mm
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
In common with other Japanese saws, the Shokunin Ryoba cuts on the pull stroke. The double-edged design immediately gives you two saws for the price of one. Each edge has a dedicated tooth profile and performs its intended purpose perfectly. When cutting on the pull stroke, the blade is working in tension. As a result, the blade is thin, lightweight and hard and the saw naturally follows a straight line. The narrower kerf means the saw removes less material.
Each crosscut tooth has three ground cutting edges. The teeth leave an incredibly clean finish, saving time. The rip cutting teeth cut at an amazing speed, with a smooth action. Smaller rip teeth close to the handle aid starting the cut. Once established, using the full length of the blade makes for rapid progress. When gripped close to the blade, the long handle acts as a counter-balance. The length allows rip-sawing long boards standing over the work in the traditional Japanese manner.
With its two edges, a Ryoba saw is perfect for all woodworkers, think of it as the ultimate tenon saw.
- Double-edged, two saws for the price of one
- Cuts on the pull stroke, requires less effort
- Thin, hard blade naturally follows a straight line
- Narrow kerf removes less material
- Crosscut teeth with 3 cutting edges for clean finish
- Saves time, no rough edges to tidy
- Rip teeth cut at amazing speed, with a smooth action