THINGAMEJIG Scribing Tool
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
This precision scribing tool scores the material with the tip of a triangular solid carbide blade. The 3-winged head features a carbide blade on each wing. Each blade has 3 tips; you simply rotate for a fresh sharp edge and, being carbide, they last for ages.
A threaded shaft running through the centre, allows for fine height adjustment. There is a laser-etched scale on the shaft to use as a guide. A locking nut secures the setting before scribing. The ergonomic 3-finger grip makes it comfortable to hold and to apply the necessary pressure. The Thingamejig is easy to control with one hand and can scribe right into a corner. The blades score easily, slicing through any finish, laminated surface or cross-grain. In this way scriber works like a cutting gauge, eliminating chipping or tear out when making the subsequent cut. The Thingamejig includes a non-marring plastic cover that fits over its base, to protect the surface below while scribing a line.
The Thingamejig comes in a storage box to protect the tips when not in use. Supplied with 3 blades, hex key, non-marring base cover and instructions.
- Scribes laminates, metals, timber, veneers and more
- Comfortable, controllable for single-handed use
- Accurately retraces lines for added precision
- Triangular design easily scribes into corners
- Reduces chipping of laminate and cross-grain when trimming
- Anodised aluminium construction with carbide blades
- Laser etched scale for accurate height adjustment
- Ensures gap free finish for worktops, architrave, skirting etc