Timberkits Confident Kit - Beam Engine
Customers Also Viewed
Frequently Bought Together
A working model of a classic Beam Engine. This fascinating model shows how machinery used to be driven by steam. It incorporates the Watts linkage that enabled him to make the steam locomotive.
Confident level Timberkits require a little bit more skill and patience making them all the more satisfying when complete.
Automata kits are ingenious and fascinating combinations of wooden parts and mechanical linkages. Supplied as a kit of parts with assembly diagrams and glue; building each model is an education in itself and the end result wonderfully entertaining. The kits are a joy to make for all ages from 9 to 90 years; younger children can get involved with adult help.
All the wooden parts come from sustainable forestry and are fully machined with no further need for specialist tools.
Finished model dimensions: Width: 220mm, Height: 210mm, Depth: 130mm.
When you've finished, you can bring your model to life with one of the universal drive kits; either battery (107132) or mains power (107324).
- Have fun building this wooden mechanical model
- A working wooden model of a classic Beam Engine
- Great way to learn about cams and linkages
- All wooden construction, no additional tools required
- Paint or decorate if desired
- For all ages, 9 years to 90 years
- Confident level kits require a little more skill and patience
- All kits include assembly diagrams and glue