Customers Also Viewed
Accompany woodsman Ben Law as he celebrates the amazing diversity of craft products made from materials sourced directly from the woods. Including brooms, rakes, pegs, spoons, chairs, baskets, fencing, yurts and even a caravan, the items are hewn from freshly cut green wood, shaped by hand and infused with a simple, rustic beauty. You will find detailed instructions and advice for each craft, along with essential knowledge about tools and devices. With fascinating information on the history, language and traditions of the crafts, coppice management and tree species, this book teaches about all aspects of the low-impact woodland way of life.
- Includes crafts for the farm, garden, building and domestic use
- Handy directory of tree species and their uses
- Caters for all levels: from simple woven panels to making a yurt
- Traditional crafts, woodland management and sustainability in the countryside
- Includes charming line drawings and woodblock-style illustrations
- Foreword by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall