Axminster Workshop Miniature Cutting Gauge
Customers Also Bought
This cutting gauge features a hardened steel knife, secured by a brass wedge, which severs wood fibres as it scribes a line across grain. Smaller than a standard cutting gauge, it is excellent for small or delicate work where the larger version would be too cumbersome or unwieldy. The stem and stock are laminated bamboo all the fittings are brass. The stem is 155mm long and the head is approximately 45mm square.
The use of laminated bamboo for the stock and stem is an important step forward in the manufacture of this traditional tool. Made from compressed and glued layers of individual sections, laminated bamboo is extremely durable and stable. As an alternative to rosewood and other increasingly scarce tropical timbers, laminated bamboo is perfect. Bamboo stems mature at 4 to 5 years old. After harvesting, new shoots emerge from the ground making it one the most natural and sustainable materials ever!
- Extremely durable and stable, laminated bamboo stock and stem
- Cutting gauge for scribing across the grain
- Hardened steel knife cleanly severs wood fibres
- 155mm long stem, 45mm square head
- Perfect for small or delicate work
- Laminated bamboo is natural and highly sustainable