Crown Carbide Pro Detail Tip Turning Tool
Customers Also Bought
Crown Carbide Pro turning tools are the result of a long time spent in design, research and testing. These premium quality tools fulfil the expectations of the professional woodturner.
At the business end is a solid tungsten carbide cutter, sourced from a well-respected manufacturer in the USA. The tips are made from the finest nano-particle carbide that is hardened to an unbelievable 93 HRC; this makes them ultra long lasting and, when the edge eventually dulls, all you need do is turn the cutter to a fresh sharp cutting edge. The Detail Tip turning tool has a diamond shaped cutter, with 15mm long edges. The acute angle point is perfect for fine detailing, deep vee cuts, the side edges are good for refining convex curves.
Crown Carbide Pro turning tools are highly efficient when turning wood and are very effective when turning acrylic, polyester and resin. The tools have good heft and mass; the 20mm x 13mm shafts are super tough, made from chrome vanadium steel, which helps smother vibration. The weight keeps the tool on the tool's rest and, combined with a 355mm long handle, ensures effortless control. In use, the tools work best when flat and level, cutting at centre height or, with the handle slightly raised, cutting just below centre. The sides of the bar have a gentle radius allowing controlled shear cuts.
Each tool comes with a hex key and spare machine screws.
- Premium quality tool with replaceable carbide tip
- Ultra long lasting cutting edges
- Simply turn to fresh edge when dull
- 15mm diamond shape with acute angled tip
- Perfect for fine detailing and vee cuts
- Use side edge for refining convex curves
- Suitable for turning wood, acrylic, polyester and resin
- 20mm x 13mm solid steel shaft smothers vibration
- 355mm long handle for effortless control
- Made in the UK