Make It In March Competition 2022
It has been another great year for this year’s Make it in March Competition with so many incredible entries. Thank you to everybody who entered; we have been so impressed with the amount of talent showcased amongst our customers.
The competition has now closed and our winner has been chosen...
And the winner is...
A huge congratulations to Alex Breeze who has won the ultimate tool bundle! Both our judges, Hattie and Helen, were blown away by Alex's entry of the two bedside tables.
Here's what our judges had to say about your project...
It's an elegant piece of work, which clearly had a lot of thought put into the design. I particularly like the use of different woods used. Plus, to do it twice - just brilliant!Helen Bailey - Expert woodturner and in-house resident at our Axminster Tools North Shields store
These both show excellent craft skills and knowledge of construction. The overall effect is lovely to look at, and again, making two the same shows real attention to detail!Hattie Speed - Award winning Designer-Maker, Educator and Founder of This Girl Makes
Congratulations to our three runners-up, Alastair Minus for his beautiful dressing table/writing desk made from American black walnut, Steve Iwasyk for his fun and charismatic colouring pencil gate and finally to Euan Mackay for his incredible hallway seat/storage unit!
The competition is now closed but you can see the other entries here…
Meet our judges!
Hattie Speed is an award winning Designer-Maker and Educator. Originally from the North East, she graduated from Oxford's Rycotewood Furniture Centre in 2018 with a first-class degree in Furniture Design and Make, where she also founded her project This Girl Makes. Since graduating, Hattie has worked as a Design Engineer for Ercol Furniture and as an Occupational Therapy Technical Instructor for the NHS, enabling patients' neuro-rehabilitation through woodwork projects. She is currently completing a teaching qualification with Oxford Brookes University and continues This Girl Makes, hosting practical workshops that promote diversity within craft.
Woodturner and creator, Helen Bailey, has received many accolades in her short time woodturning. Her work has been featured in the American Association of Woodturners Magazine; one of her pieces was selected for a prestigious UK touring exhibit and she’s a regular contributor to the World of Woodturners website. The intricate beauty of Helen’s work has catapulted her into the limelight and her pieces are highly regarded by individuals and collectors from all over the world. When she's not turning, you can find Helen working in the Axminster Tools Newcastle store - why not pop in and see her and the rest of the team!
The competition has now closed
Makers... it’s time to reach for your tools and start creating because Make It In March is back! This year, we have teamed up with some well known brands, as well as adding in some of our own fantastic ranges, to put together the BIGGEST tool bundle yet, worth over £2500!
All you need to do is make a woodworking project within the month of March and share your creation on one of our channels. Then, at the end of the month, our esteemed judges will select one well-earned winner. Since starting our Make It In March competition back in 2018, the competition has grown and grown and we have witnessed some incredible, captivating, and truly genius masterpieces. This year, whether they be small or big, we want to see your creations!
To be in with a chance of winning, simply make a woodworking project in the month of March 2022 and follow the entry procedure below.
How to enter
Show us what projects you have completed this March by uploading your photo to Instagram, Facebook or on to our Community Forum.
Simply take a photo of your project.
Use the #MakeItInMarch22 hashtag, tag @axminstertools, and upload it to one of the following;
- Instagram or Twitter and tag @axminstertools
- Facebook and tag @axminstertools
- The Community Forum under the Make it in March Competition 2022 post
Win the biggest tool bundle worth more than £2500!
The Make It In March Competition is limited to one entry per user. The competition closes at midnight on 01/04/2022.
Picking the winners
The winner and two runners up will be picked by our team of judges after the competition has closed. The winner and runners up will be informed by way of direct message and will be announced on one of our live Woodworking Wisdom streams and published on our Knowledge website and social media.
Upon confirmation of the winning entrant, confirmation of acceptance and details must be provided within seven days. We reserve the right to pick a new winner if the requested information is not provided within the specified time period.
Why not take a look at some of the incredible entries we had for our 2021 Make It In March competition; including last year's winner!
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants under 18 will need parental or guardian permission to enter;
- Only one entry per person is permitted and separate social media accounts should not be used;
- Entries that are discovered to come from the same person will result in disqualification;
- Duplicate content taken from other sites will not be allowed and will result in removal and disqualification;
- This competition is open to UK residents only;
- By entering this competition, you represent and warrant that you own the content you are submitting and there are no other entities with ownership claims over it;
- Axminster Tools employees and their immediate families are not eligible for the prize;
- Any entries with abusive, threatening or offensive language will be removed, blocked and disqualified from the competition;
- Once we have confirmed the winner, we will aim to deliver the prize within a 14 days;
- This promotion is not connected to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram nor is it sponsored, supported or organised by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram;
- By entering this competition, you agree to have your name, location, photo and entry featured in the promotion of this competition and any future Axminster Tools promotional material;
- There is no purchase necessary to enter, but standard broadband rates apply.