Veritas Custom No. 4 1/2 Plane with O1 Blade
Customers Also Bought
The No. 4 1/2 smoothing plane comes with a lever cap, Norris style adjuster and a cap iron. The body is fully stress-relieved ductile cast iron. Precision machining of the sole ensures it is flat and square to the sides. Two tapped holes in either side allow the mounting of an optional side fence.
The blade is O1 tool steel which sharpens easily and quickly resulting in an excellent, fine cutting edge. O1 blades are oil quenched, double tempered and hardened to HRC 58-60. These O1 blades offer excellent retention of a very fine edge.
For information on Frogs, Totes and Knobs please refer to the attached PDF download.
- Norris-style combined feed and lateral adjustment mechanism
- Movable toe plate allows quick mouth adjustments
- Fully stress-relieved ductile cast iron body
- Precision machined, sole is flat and square to the sides
- O1 tool steel blade sharpens easily and quickly