Veritas Custom No. 4 Plane with PM-V11 Blade
Customers Also Bought
The No. 4 smoother comes with a lever cap, Norris style adjuster and a cap iron. The body is fully stress-relieved ductile cast iron. Precision machining of the sole ensures it is flat and square to the sides. Two tapped holes in either side allow the mounting of an optional side fence.
Hardened to HRC 61-63, PM-V11 steel has a fine, consistent structure. It provides significantly greater resistance to both impact and wear. It can take a keen edge and hold it at least twice as long before it needs sharpening. Once dull, the edge can be restored using water stones or other sharpening methods.
For information on Frogs, Totes and Knobs please refer to the attached PDF download.
- Norris-style combined feed and lateral adjustment mechanism
- Movable toe plate allows quick mouth adjustments
- Fully stress-relieved ductile cast iron body
- Precision machined, sole is flat and square to the sides
- HRC 61-63, PM-V11 blade for greater resistance to impact and wear