Veritas Small Plough Plane
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
This version of the Veritas Small Plough Plane excels at cutting grooves, rebates and tongues. It also has the ability to cut decorative beading. The Veritas Small Plough Plane features a 168mm (6-5/8") long fence that registers solidly to the workpiece. Double guide rods and a special collet locking system prevent the fence from racking. The fence is through-drilled, allowing you to add a wooden fence extension. The large wooden rear tote offers a solid, comfortable grip. The 225mm (9") long ductile cast iron body weighs 795g (1-3/4lb) and has a machined 45° blade bed. Large brass knobs make adjustments fast and easy without need for tools. The fence offset with a 6.35mm (1/4") blade is from flush up to a maximum of 38mm (1-1/2"). The adjustable depth stop has relieved edges to avoid marking your work. Secured directly by a brass knob, it controls the depth of the groove or rebate (maximum 12.7mm (1/2") deep.
Supplied with a 6.35mm (1/4") wide lapped A2 tool steel blade.
- Excels at cutting grooves, rebates, tongues and beads
- 168mm (6-5/8") long fence registers solidly to the workpiece
- Double guide rods and collet locking system prevent fence from racking
- Large wooden rear tote offers a solid, comfortable grip
- Ductile cast-iron body; 225mm (9") long
- 12.7mm (1/2") deep maximum depth of groove or rebate
- Supplied with a 6.35mm (1/4") wide lapped A2 tool steel blade