Axminster Rider 6 Piece Bevel Edge Chisel Set Hornbeam Handle
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
Woodworkers love wood, so we decided to fit our Rider bevel edge chisels with handles made from dense European Hornbeam, chosen for its resilience. Sanded smooth and a light oil finish, the Hornbeam has a superb feel in the hand. The wider chisels have slightly larger handles to maintain balance across the range of sizes. It is a subtle difference, but enough to make each chisel feel 'right' in the hand. Each handle ends in a polished stainless steel ferrule with a shock absorbing leather washer between the handle and the chisel’s bolster.
The blades are fine-grained, chrome manganese steel, carefully hardened and tempered to 59 HRC. Sharpened and ground with a 25° bevel, the blades require only final honing to achieve a fine, long lasting edge (we suggest a 30° micro-bevel). In cross section, the blades are slimmer than a standard chisel with a narrower land on each side, to a little over 1mm. This allows much improved clearance when working into a corner such as cleaning dovetails. Supplied in a strong wooden case; this 6-piece set comprises the following sizes: 6mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm and 25mm. The blades are approximately 100mm long with the overall length varying between 265mm to 280mm. European made.
- 6-piece set, sizes: 6, 10, 12, 16, 20 and 25mm
- European made
- Supplied in wooden storage case
- Fine-grained, chrome manganese steel for an ultra keen edge
- Hardened and tempered to 59 HRC stays sharp longer
- Chisels ground and polished only require final honing
- Slim blades allow better clearance when cleaning dovetails
- European hornbeam handles comfortable and resilient
- Polished stainless steel ferrules with shock absorbing leather washers