Axminster Woodturning Ring Centre Converter
Customers Also Bought
An inspired idea from our engineering and manufacturing department. This useful piece of kit turns any 60° live centre into a tailstock ring centre or cup centre. This converter has a 60° internal angles, so all you need do is simply slip it onto the point of the live centre. Made of S303 stainless steel in Axminsters CNC machine workshop.
When used as a ring centre, point of the live centre remains slightly proud for centring your work. A ring centre is particularly useful when turning timbers with a tendency to split. The ring offers support as opposed to a point, which can act more like a wedge. The crown of the ring exactly matches the other Axminster ring centres. If you use a solid ring centre in the headstock, it is possible to flip the workpiece end over end and replace it on the lathe exactly using the impressions left by the rings.
Flip the converter over and you have a small cup or cone centre for support against a curved surface, useful for turning or finishing fruit or spheres.
- Turns any 60° live centre into a ring centre or cup centre
- 60° internal angle fits over live centre tip
- CNC turned from stainless steel
- Useful when turning timbers with a tendency to split
- Ring centre offers better support to delicate timber
- Reversed the converter becomes a cup centre