Axminster Workshop No. 69.1/2 Classic Block Plane
Customers Also Bought
The Axminster Workshop No. 69.1/2 Classic Low Angle Block Plane is a cross between a No.60.1/2 and a No.9.1/2 block plane. It brings together the best of both. The advantages of a low angle blade with an increased cutting width. Add in a solid brass cast and polished cap for a comfortable hand feel a bit more heft and you have an incredibly useful block plane. The O1 steel is used bevel-up and only requires honing before use (putting a 30° micro bevel on the edge can be done in less than a minute).
The body casting is grey cast iron and features an adjustable mouth for fine or coarse work. The depth of cut is controlled with a micro depth adjustment. The lateral blade ensures an even shaving.
The sole is 158mm long with a 41mm wide blade. A weight of 950g, combined with the low blade angle and extra width gives you a plane with outstanding potential.
- Combining the best features from both parents
- Low blade angle of the a 60.1/2 with the width of a 9.1/2
- Cast and polished solid brass cap, adds comfort and heft
- Adjustable mouth for fine or coarse work
- Micro adjustable depth of cut depth control