Shokunin Japanese Double-Edged Ryoba Saw - 180mm
Customers Also Bought
The double-edged Ryoba offers two cutting options on the same blade. No compromises; rip cut on one side and crosscut on the other. Each edge performs its intended purpose perfectly.
In common with other Japanese saws, these cut on the pull stroke. As a result the blade can be made much thinner compared to western saws. The thinner the blade the less material is removed, meaning less effort is required.
Three cutting edges precision ground on each crosscut tooth ensure a fast cut with an incredible clean finish and minimal tearout. The rip teeth are graduated, smaller next to the handle, getting progressively larger towards the end of the blade. It’s easy to start the cut with the small teeth. The blade has a rustproof nickel plating.
The 200mm long handle is a dark blue textured TPE (thermoplastic elastomer), which offers a firm non-slip and comfortable grip at the same time. The blade is easily removed for storage or replacement.
Blade length: 180mm, overall length 390mm, blade thickness: 0.50mm, kerf: 0.75mm, blade width 50mm to 70mm, crosscut pitch: 1.5mm(17tpi), Rip cut pitch: 3mm to 4mm(8tpi to 6tpi).
This is an all round handy saw, useful in the workshop or on site.
- Professional quality saw, no compromise on performance
- Double-edged, two saws for the price of one
- One edge with crosscut teeth producing clean cut surface
- One edge has teeth for fast effortless ripping
- Comfortable, textured thermoplastic elastomer handle
- Rustproof nickel plated blade
- Cuts on the pull stroke, requires less effort
- Narrow kerf removes less material
- N.B. To buy this product you must be aged 18 years or over. We will verify your age before despatching the order and this might involve us contacting you for proof of age. The product must also be delivered to, or collected by, a person 18 years or over.