Shokunin Japanese Tatebiki Dovetail Saw - 240mm
Customers Also Bought
The Shokunin Japanese Tatebiki saw features an extremely thin blade and fine rip cutting teeth. This is a perfect saw for cutting dovetails and other fine joints.
A rigid spine supports the 0.3mm thick blade. As the teeth cut on the pull-stroke, the saw has a natural tendency to stay on a straight line. Performance is exceptional, requiring very little effort. Gently moving the saw back and forth is the best way to achieve fast and accurate results. Let the weight of the saw and the sharp teeth do all the work.
The tooth pitch is 1.5mm equivalent to 17tpi. The set on the teeth is minimal so the blade has a very thin kerf and leaves a cleanly cut surface. The Tatebiki is most effective cutting material up to 20mm thick. In normal use, this saw will stay sharp for a long time. Replacement blades are available. The 280mm long handle is traditional, rattan wrapped paulownia wood.
- Perfectly designed for cutting dovetails
- Extremely thin blade, with fine rip cut teeth
- Exceptional performance and accurate results
- Rigid spine supports 0.3mm thick blade
- Minimal set for very thin kerf
- Traditional, rattan wrapped paulownia wood handle
- Replacement blades available