Axminster Model Engineer Series SX2 Mini Mill
Customers Also Bought
Frequently Bought Together
A fine, high precision mill/drilling machine, an ideal companion to the SC2 lathe. Constructed in cast iron with a finely ground table with 12mm T slots, and ground and hardened slideways. The milling head and column can tilt to 45° left or right for compound angle milling or drilling. The ample power comes from a high torque, brushless 500W DC motor with variable speed, giving a spindle speed range of 100 - 2,500rpm. It also has a notably quiet running spindle belt drive system. The spindle has an internal 3MT bore to enable a large range of tooling to be used. The headstock quill has a fine downfeed control feature for milling and a rack and pinion downfeed system for drilling. A gas support strut holds the headstock in position. The table leadscrews are covered for protection against swarf and debris. There is a connection port on the headstock for the optional digital spindle speed display panel. Supplied with a drill chuck and arbor, safety guard, tools and three drawbars 10mm, 12mm, 3/8 Whitworth. This is a superb, small mill for the model engineer.
- Constructed in cast iron for vibration free running
- Ground and hardened slideways with gib strip adjustment
- Milling head and column tilts to 45° left & right
- 500W high torque DC brushless motor with belt spindle drive
- Fine down feed control for accurate tool height setting
- Coarse down feed for drilling operations
- 3MT spindle fitted with a 13mm drill chuck and arbor
- 13mm drilling, 16mm end milling and 30mm face milling capacity
Axminster Model Engineer 3 Year Guarantee
It's probably the most comprehensive free guarantee ever - look for the icon and put your trust in Axminster. So sure are we of the quality, we cover all parts and labour free of charge for three years.
These products are designed and intended to be used in the home for light work and not for continuous use. They must be maintained and serviced in line with our schedule. Guarantee is void when used for business or education purposes.