Axcaliber Bearing Guided Cove Cutters
Customers Also Viewed
Next to straight cutters, Cove cutters are amongst the most common in use. This particular size has a number of applications. Not just for creating a decorative edge. In conjunction with a matching rounding over cutter, you can produce a rule joint for a drop leaf table. By routing, the edge of a board and then cutting it off on a saw bench you can make lengths of trim for edging laminate floors in a specific timber.
The bearing allows this cutter to produce a moulding around a curved edge. The bearing ensures that the moulding is of consistent depth in relation to the edge. There is no need to use a side fence, making setup easier and quicker. Use of a bearing guided cutter avoids situations where the fence may become an obstruction. Unlike a guide pin, the bearing will not leave a scorch mark.
Axcaliber router cutters are high precision tooling, made using advanced technology on multi axis CNC machines. A high shear-cut angle gives them a smooth cutting action and results in a clean finish. The tips are diamond-ground micrograin tungsten carbide. PTFE coating minimises resin build-up. 12.7mm radius.
- Bearing ensures consistent profile
- Use with matching rounding over to produce a rule joint
- Make trim moulding from specific timber
- Precision made on multi axis CNC machines
- High shear-cut angle for cleaner finish
- Thick PTFE coating helps cutter to remain free of resin
- Available in 1/4"(6.35mm) or 1/2"(12.7mm) shanks
- 12.7mm radius