Veritas Dovetail & Fine Tooth Dovetail Saw - PACKAGE DEAL
Customers Also Viewed
Package deal comprises the Veritas Dovetail Saw and the Veritas Fine-Tooth Dovetail Saw.
Veritas Dovetail Saw
This innovative saw features a spine that is permanently moulded onto the back of its blade. The spine imparts just the right amount of weight to the blade to carry the saw effortlessly into the cut. When you're performing a task like cutting dovetails, accuracy is paramount. With this saw's weight and design, full control is assured. The polished hardwood handle is shaped to fit the hand comfortably and not just to look pretty, which it also does. In fact the handle is very reminiscent of the rear tote on a bench plane and this theme is carried on in the steel rod that passes right through the handle and the brass nut used to attach the handle to the rod. A mortice and tenon joint between handle and back ensures a good solid and secure fixing between the two parts. The blade is Japanese high carbon steel, 230mm (9") long by 40mm (1.1/2") deep, with razor sharp 14tpi teeth filed with a 14° rake angle, the overall weight is 360g (12.7oz).
Veritas Fine-Tooth Dovetail Saw
For woodworkers who prefer a fine-tooth dovetail saw, Veritas produce a premium example with a 20 teeth per 25mm (20tpi blade) filed for rip cutting. It has a 235mm (9.1/4") long by 0.5mm thick high-carbon steel blade. The teeth have a rake angle of 14°, and an included angle of 60°. The depth of cut is about 40mm (1.9/16").
The back of this saw is injection moulded under high pressure onto the blade and stainless-steel handle-mounting bolt. This forms a solid one-piece blade/spine/mount assembly. The material used for the back incorporates stainless-steel powder for weight, glass fibre for stiffness, and a polymer resin binder. A brass nut fastener secures the comfortably shaped hardwood handle. The saw has great balance it cuts easily, stays true and the pistol grip helps make the saw feel like an extension of your arm. Overall length 360mm (14.1/4")
- Veritas Dovetail Saw
- Spine permanently moulded onto the blade
- Right amount of weight to carry the saw effortlessly into the cut
- Ensures control where accuracy is most important
- Polished hardwood handle is shaped to fit the hand comfortably
- Mortice and tenon joint between handle & back for solid and secure fixing
- Japanese high carbon steel blade, 230mm (9") long by 40mm (1.1/2") deep
- Razor sharp 14tpi teeth
- Overall weight is 360g (12.7oz)
- Veritas Fine-Tooth Dovetail Saw
- Premium fine-tooth dovetail saw 20 teeth per 25mm (20tpi blade)
- 235mm (9.1/4") long by 0.5mm thick high-carbon steel blade
- Injection moulded back creates a solid one-piece blade/spine/mount assembly
- Brass nut secures comfortable hardwood handle
- Saw cuts easily and stays true
- Overall length 360mm (14.1/4")