Crown Cryo M42 Spindle Gouge
Customers Also Viewed
A spindle gouge cuts hollows and coves. It needs to be able to take both heavy initial cuts and fine finishing cuts. Spindle gouges come in different widths; narrower gouges allow you to cut smaller radii. These gouges have cryogenically hardened M42 tool steel blades. The steel gives you a tool with unrivalled edge retention and the ultimate tool life.
M42 is a premium, high-speed steel alloy with molybdenum and 8% cobalt. One of its most significant properties is high wear resistance. The cutting edges on tools made from M42 high-speed steel stay sharp and hard in heavy-duty and high-production applications. Common uses of M42 include twist drills, milling cutters, reamers, broaches, saws and thread rolling dies. When it comes to woodturning tools, you have a tool that will hold an edge far longer than any other, even on tough and abrasive timbers.
- For cutting hollows and coves in spindles
- Blade made of cryogenically hardened M42 high-speed steel
- Molybdenum and 8% cobalt ensure high wear resistance
- Retains a sharp edge even in heavy-duty applications
- Long lasting, unrivalled tool life
- Spend more time turning, less time sharpening