Abrasive Lap Mops
Customers Also Bought
These mops have a leather reinforced central tapered hole for mounting onto a tapered mop adaptor on a bench grinder or a pigtail chucked in a power drill. Each mop consists of four discs of non-woven nylon, coated with aluminium oxide abrasive. A certain amount of flexibility means you can use them on curved surfaces. Available in three grades, they have many uses.
Mainly intended for use on metals although some interesting effects can be had when used on wood. The coarse grade (approx 80g) will remove paint and heavy rust from metal and can be quite aggressive. Finer grades are great for cleaning tools that have become rusty, bringing them back to life and full use. The most widely used applications are producing a satin or matt finish on metal, or smoothing and preparing the surface prior to final polishing with compound and cotton mops.
Eye protection must be worn.
- For mounting onto a tapered mop adaptor or pigtail
- Non-woven nylon coated with abrasive
- Flexibility allows their use on contoured surfaces
- Coarse grade will remove paint and heavy rust from metal
- Finer grades are great for cleaning rusted tools
- Produce a satin or matt finish on metal
- Smooth and prepare a surface prior to final polishing
- Eye protection must be worn