Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Information for our customers
The last few months have been extraordinary times and continue to be so, but we have an extraordinary community - made up of both our Axminster staff and you, our customers. Over the next few weeks, and even months, we'll be doing our very best to look after each and every one of those individuals. How we intend to do that is summarised below.
It is currently taking 2-3 days for orders to be delivered. This is to ensure our warehouse teams can continue to work in a safe environment during this period. We are working as hard as possible to minimise this for you. Thank you for your patience during this time. Get the latest updates on your order by clicking the tracking link in your shipping confirmation email.
Retail Stores and Skill Centres
All our stores are now open for in store browsing and shopping! Find your nearest store. Our Skill Centres will remain closed until further notice.
To keep everyone safe and feeling comfortable we ask that you continue to;
- Bring a face covering with you and wear it at all times
- Keep a respectful distance from others
- Sanitise your hands upon entry and at the till area
- Use contactless payments if possible
2-hour Woodturning Sessions
Current restrictions mean some stores are not able to offer these sessions, please contact your nearest store for more details.
Our Large Deliveries are continuing to happen. However, prior to our arrival a member of our team will be in contact to check the following;
- Have either you or someone that you live with got a new persistent cough and/or a high temperature?
- Have you returned from a visit abroad known to be considered at risk of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the last 14 days?
If the answer is yes to either of these questions, your delivery will be deferred and re-booked for at least 14 days later.
We will also ask some questions regarding the delivery site itself. These relate to access such as steps, doorways and parking. We may also ask for photos in some cases where the delivery may be difficult.
To protect both customers and our drivers we will also try where possible to avoid entering any buildings unless absolutely necessary. Should we need to enter a building we will require any occupants (ideally there should be none) to observe social distancing. Our drivers will be provided with the required PPE.
We are now offering site visits where required. These will be performed whilst following strict safety precautions which will be discussed with you prior to the visit taking place.
We are working hard to maintain the high standards of service, support and product availability that you have come to expect from us. It's important to us whilst doing this we help to protect our staff but also that we protect any impact to our business, and in turn, yours. Here's what our measures will mean for you and how you interact with us:
- You should notice no difference in your day to day interaction with our office based staff. We're still answering all emails, phone calls and other communications as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Our Technical Consultants are on hand to provide product demonstrations and offer technical advice via video call or face to face, whilst adhering to social distancing. Book a consultation or demonstration, here
- We hold high levels of safety stock so whilst we don't know what the longer term impacts to supply chains may be, we're well positioned to fulfil orders for the foreseeable future.