Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Information for our customers
The last few months have been extraordinary times and continue to be so, but we have an extraordinary community - made up of both our Axminster staff and you, our customers. Over the next few weeks, and even months, we'll be doing our very best to look after each and every one of those individuals. How we intend to do that is summarised below. For full detail, please read the latest letter from our Managing Director, Alan Styles at the bottom of this page.
It is currently taking 2-3 days for orders to be delivered. This is to ensure our warehouse teams can continue to work in a safe environment during this period. We are working as hard as possible to minimise this for you. Thank you for your patience during this time. Get the latest updates on your order by clicking the tracking link in your shipping confirmation email.
Retail Stores and Skill Centres
We've opened most of our stores! Our Axminster, Basingstoke, High Wycombe, Newcastle, Nuneaton, Sittingbourne and Warrington stores are now open with strict social distancing measures in place to keep customers and colleagues safe. We're looking forward to welcoming you back! All stores are closed Monday and Sunday.
To help keep everyone safe, here are some of the changes you can expect when you next visit your local store:
- We’re limiting the number of customers we have in our stores at any one time; so you may have to queue outside before we can let you in
- Strict social distancing measures, including floor markings by the entrance/exit and the checkout, will help keep everyone at a safe distance
- Hand sanitising stations are available at the entrance and checkout for customers to use
- We’re asking our customers to limit their shopping time to half an hour at a time and ask that you use card payments if you can
- Our in-store demonstrations will remain unavailable for the time being
- Our Introduction To Woodturning sessions are suspended for the foreseeable future Our interactive areas have been removed from our stores until further notice
More store opening dates
- Cardiff - TBC
Our Skill Centres will remain closed until further notice.
Heavy Goods Deliveries
Our heavy goods deliveries are continuing to happen. However, prior to our arrival a member of our team will be in contact to check the following;
- Have either you or someone that you live with got a new persistent cough and/or a high temperature?
- Have you returned from a visit abroad known to be considered at risk of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the last 14 days?
If the answer is yes to either of these questions, your delivery will be deferred and re-booked for at least 14 days later.
We will also ask some questions regarding the delivery site itself. These relate to access such as steps, doorways and parking. We may also ask for photos in some cases where the delivery may be difficult.
To protect both customers and our drivers we will also try where possible to avoid entering any buildings unless absolutely necessary. Should we need to enter a building we will require any occupants (ideally there should be none) to observe social distancing. Our drivers will be provided with the required PPE.
Our servicing visits will not be going ahead for the foreseeable future. For any enquiries please contact our Customer Service team.
We are working hard to maintain the high standards of service, support and product availability that you have come to expect from us. It's important to us whilst doing this we help to protect our staff but also that we protect any impact to our business, and in turn, yours. Here's what our measures will mean for you and how you interact with us:
- You should notice no difference in your day to day interaction with our office based staff. We're still answering all emails, phone calls and other communications as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- We're stopping all site visits from our Technical Field Sales Consultants. In place of face to face visits, we can offer telephone support or video conferencing to talk you through any options, whilst minimising any risk to you and your employees.
- We hold high levels of safety stock so whilst we don't know what the longer term impacts to supply chains may be, we're well positioned to fulfil orders for the foreseeable future.
Keep in touch with us
A message from our Managing Director, Alan Styles
The last few weeks have been extraordinary times and continue to be so, but we have an extraordinary community - made up of both our Axminster staff and you, our customers. Over the next few weeks, and even months, we'll be doing our very best to look after each and every one of those individuals.
It goes without saying that we're doing our utmost to continue to provide you with the exceptional service, knowledge and product availability that you've come to expect from us. Behind the scenes we've made adjustments such as moving to remote working, upping our already stringent hygiene practices and working to protect those amongst us that are most vulnerable or have the most interaction with the public. We've taken the decision to temporarily shut our Skill Centres and retail outlets following government advice.
Meanwhile, both our website and distribution centre remain open and fully functional, supported by our contact centre and good stock levels. I want to reassure you that, should you need us over the next few weeks, we're here for you. Whether that's with product advice over the phone, plenty of 'How To' projects, tips and insights on our Knowledge site, or even a bit of friendly chat with like-minded woodworkers over on our Customer Forum or via our social media channels. If you're a business, our dedicated Business Services team are still on hand to support you with whatever you need to keep your business operating through these difficult times.
We're monitoring the situation closely and will continue to follow the advice given by the government. Our priority always is the safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers. Should we need to change the way that we're working to ensure this, we will let you know.
Finally, I want to say thank you for your support. Whether you've been a customer since our inception nearly fifty years ago, or you're just joining our community now; thank you.
Please look after yourselves and your families, Alan.