Axminster Woodturning ASR Locking Ring
Customers Also Viewed
This simple device adds another level of safety when turning on the lathe.
The ASR locking ring is only suitable for use on lathes with an M33x3.5 EURO standard (ASR) spindle and threaded fittings that feature a EURO locking ring groove.
The purpose of the ASR locking ring is to prevent any threaded fittings such as chucks, faceplates etc. from becoming loose when the lathe is run in reverse or when the lathe stops.
Precision engineered to fit perfectly between the lathe’s spindle and the chuck’s rear boss. Both spindle and chuck must have the Euro standard (ASR) safety groove. The sloping face of each safety groove mates with the corresponding internal faces in the two halves of the ring. Tightening the ring, clamps the lathe spindle and chuck or fitting together as one. The chances of the chuck coming loose when running in reverse are reduced to zero.
Made entirely in Axminster, England.
- Adds another level of safety when turning
- Prevents chuck becoming loose when lathe is run in reverse
- Stainless steel, precision engineered for a perfect fit
- For lathes with M33x3.5 EURO standard (ASR) spindle
- Clamps spindle and chuck together as one
- Made entirely in Axminster, England