Axminster Workshop Medium Polishing & Honing Paste 250ml
Customers Also Bought
The object of buffing and polishing is to turn a rough surface into a smooth one. By using successively finer and finer abrasives, you gradually smooth the surface until it ceases to dissipate light, but reflects it with a mile-deep mirror finish. The best way to mirror-polish metal is in a series of steps, initially sanding then finishing with polishing compounds.
This red coloured, aluminium oxide, medium grade paste contains no harmful ammonia or alcohol. You can use it by hand on a soft cloth, microfibre cloth or apply it to a loose-leaf mop on a power drill or buffing machine. The abrasive particles remove oxidation, tarnish and discolouration from chrome, aluminium, stainless steel, brass and copper. It leaves a bright clean surface, which is the first step after sanding on the way to a mirror-finish before the fine and ultra fine polishes. The fast cutting properties make this an ideal paste to apply to a leather strop, honing belt or wheel for edge tools, carving tools and knives for the ultimate edge.
- Fast cutting; aluminium oxide, medium grade paste
- Use for hand or power polishing
- Removes oxidation and tarnish from stainless steel, chrome, brass
- Leaves a bright clean finish
- Ideal paste to apply to a strop, honing belt or wheel for edge tools
- Helps produce the ultimate edge